Title the Addendum to Link it to the Original Contract, Date, and attach to the original. State effective dates and any additional payments (or state the fact that there are none).
Define everyone involved and what roles they play. Make it crystal clear who you are, what you do, and who your guests are and what part they play in your business. Be clear in and make it understandable to those not in our business.
State clearly, in easy to understand language and using examples if possible, what each term is meant to do. You may wish to restate things in your lease that are remaining the same and things you are adding to or taking away from that changes the original terms of the lease. Terms usually add to your lease, like the fact that you won't be the main resident, but plan on using it to clarify what each party is responsible for and exactly what they have...
01) Provide Safety & Security for you & your Guests.
02) Help with things like a dead car battery, allowing maintenance men in, keep spare keys, sign for packages, and stocking your inventory.
03) Communicate with guests when you can't.
04) Give you peace of mind.
05) Advocate for you with HOA & other organizations.
06) Stop loud parties, too many people, things getting stolen, or other strange activities.
07) Increase your Network: people you know.
01) Do things for your neighbors like mow their lawns, bring over fresh baked goods, or get them souvenirs from your travels.
02) Show pride of ownership & take care of your property & theirs.
03) Be respectful & polite at all times.
04) Add rules so your guests are respectful, too. No pets or parties.
05) Let them know the Comings & Goings. Keep them informed.
You want to diversify and invest in many things, like stocks & bonds, gold & silver, and real estate. However, Specialize in one area of Real Estate Investing - like Short Term Rentals, for instance!
Attorneys specialize. Doctors specialize. You should, too.
You can go to Airbnb's Page about Legal & Regulatory Issues. Read what they have to say, then google your city and state with search phrases like, "do I need a permit or license for my short term rental in Tucson, Arizona?" Then just start reading.
Remember, the government provides tax cuts and incentives as a...
Here are the books Michelle referenced in today's podcast. Note, these are Affiliate Links.
[00:00] Over the last two centuries, nearly 90 percent of the world's millionaires have created their wealth through real estate here to tell you how you can ride this wave with less risk and less capital long. Creating greater income is your host best selling author and Speaker Michelle Russell.
[00:22] Hi, this is Michelle, the master of money mindset and I'm here with this episode of the short term rental revenue podcast. And in today's episode we're going to talk about the people who rain on your parade. We're going to talk about the Hoa and the people who set up all these cc and rs and all the codes and compliance as city ordinances that will rain on your parade when you are a short term rental owner. Another thing I don't like HOA's and I'm gonna cover that, but HOA's have been like this for a long time. I don't know if any of you, because we didn't have a choice when I was...
When you subscribe to our Newsletter, we appreciate the honor. Yeah, we know you can cancel anytime but you're still trusting us to add value to your business and we take that to heart! We'll never sell your information & appreciate your trust!