01) Provide Safety & Security for you & your Guests.
02) Help with things like a dead car battery, allowing maintenance men in, keep spare keys, sign for packages, and stocking your inventory.
03) Communicate with guests when you can't.
04) Give you peace of mind.
05) Advocate for you with HOA & other organizations.
06) Stop loud parties, too many people, things getting stolen, or other strange activities.
07) Increase your Network: people you know.
01) Do things for your neighbors like mow their lawns, bring over fresh baked goods, or get them souvenirs from your travels.
02) Show pride of ownership & take care of your property & theirs.
03) Be respectful & polite at all times.
04) Add rules so your guests are respectful, too. No pets or parties.
05) Let them know the Comings & Goings. Keep them informed.
Forums are a Great Place to _____________.
A. Learn from other Hosts.
B. Bitch to and with other Hosts.
C. Learn from Guests' Experiences.
D. All the Above (Hint: This one!)
Nest is a great way to control your units when there's no one in them.
An AC unit works best when it's set no lower than 68 degrees. Under that and you're asking for trouble because that's when units will start to freeze up, which could potentially harm your unit.
What is the definition of Host?
What is the definition of Guest?
Be a gracious host and allow your Guests to be comfortable.
A locked thermostat screams, "I don't care if you are comfortable!"
Stop the Madness!!
01) No Smoking
02) No Pets
01) Back to Basics
Take a look at your Headline/Title of your Listing. Does it highlight your best feature?
What about your photos? Please, tell me you had them taken by a professional.
02) Know Your Competition
Use sites like AirDNA to keep an eye on your competition. What is their average room rate? What is their occupancy rate? Put a spy in their camp!
03) Don't Compete for Last Place!
You can't win the game of undercutting your competition, so don't even try to go there. Instead, be better and charge what you're worth. Use dynamic pricing tools like Wheelhouse to price your units.
04) Make Your Place SHINE!
Use a theme or and anti-theme to make your place stand out among the rest of your competition. Make certain your place looks amazing!
05) Go Above & Beyond in Service
Make certain that you offer something or do...
If you can't be there, just make a video of you teaching someone how to use one of your cool features - like a snow cone machine or a margarita machine*.
*make sure you buy a SquareTrade Warranty for those cool appliances and use security tape so you can tell when the machine has been used.
50 Shades of Gray
Rock n Roll/50's Diner/Sock Hop
Roaring 20's/Speak Easy
Board Games: Candyland, Monopoly, Risk...
Video Games: Mario Bros., Pacman, Fortnite, Minecraft, Zelda...
Theme Parks: Disneyworld, Universal Studios, Six Flags, Sea World...
Western: Cowboys, Horses, Saloons, Westworld...
Books: The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland...
Superheroes & Cartoon Heroes: Ninja Turtles, Batman, Ironman, & on & on...
Brands: Oreo, Coke, Pepsi, Starbucks...
Holidays: 4th of July, Christmas, Halloween...
WHAT BOOKS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR LINKS WERE MENTIONED...
01) Emergency Contact Card (Contact Information Sent by Email, Text, and Posted Clearly)
02) Fire Extinguisher (Right by the Stove)
03) First Aid Kit
04) Smoke Detector
05) Carbon Monoxide Detector
06) Super-Fast Wifi (Password Sent by Email, Text, and Posted Clearly)
07) Comfortable Mattress (Consumer Reports #2 Rated is only about $500-$700)
08) Smart Television (Plus Cable, if High End)
09) Bluetooth Speakers
10) Charging Stations
11) Smart Locks for Easy Entry (For You as much as Guests)
12) Climate Control Directions (Keep Your Guests Comfy)
13) Coffee, Coffee Maker, Filters, and Cream/Sugar
14) Hair Dryer
15) Iron and Ironing Board
16) Washer and Dryer (a MUST for Long Stays or Active Locations)
17) House Rules, Contact Information, Check-in, and Check-out Times Clearly Posted
18) High-Quality WHITE Sheets and Towels
19) Spare Sets of Sheets and Towels
If you are running a Short-Term Rental Business, your focus is always on providing comfort and safety to your guests, along with any amenities that you can provide.
It’s obvious that many guests book vacation rentals based on the price listed. Others book based on amenities offered. Location is always critical in the majority of our bookings. What you may be ignoring or overlooking is the concern of the guests for their safety and security. Many pay particular attention to the security features of the property as much as their own comfort during their stay. Here are some inexpensive security upgrades that your guests will love and which may help increase your bookings.
You may not think much of the blocks on the doors of rooms, but your guests get a very safe feeling when they see strong door locks on strong doors that are difficult to break in. On the other hand, nothing makes...
You may have a Strict Cancellation Policy on your Airbnb listing but that’s not going to stop people from canceling and requesting a full refund. Nor is it going to stop some less-than-scrupulous characters from holding a negative review over your head in order to get their money back.
Unfortunately, this is becoming a thing. More and more, I find that I come across a feed in one of the Airbnb Hosts’ Groups that talk about these types of guest using extortion tactics (yes, it’s a real crime) to get money back although the guest read the policy and agreed to the terms that were stated clearly.
Well, aside from ignoring them, risk getting a bad review, and crossing your fingers during a long and drawn out back-and-forth with Airbnb to get the review removed – I find that you can avoid the entire situation altogether.
I bet you’re wondering how? Well, you are going to love me so...
Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today, go to audibletrial.com/STRRevenue or just click on the image above. Audible is a proud sponsor of the Short Term Rental Revenue Podcast.
We've got something AMAZING in store for this year's class! You won't believe all of the trainings and videos that we've added... plus
We've added interviews with some amazing experts in all areas of our business. People to help you build and grow what could potentially be the very business that carries you to financial freedom!